Scratchy throat, swollen lymph node with difficulty in swallowing, head and neck pain. Had pierced the tragus. What is the cause?

I got my tragus pierced on 7/3 and starting 7/11 my throat started getting scratchy. Now my lymph node on my left side (the side where my tragus is pierced) is swollen and it s so painful to swallow . My head hurts and my muscles in my neck ache as well. Is this due to my tragus piercing? Should I seek medical attention or will the soreness of my throat go away within some time?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012