Scratching in throat post chewing chicken bones, feel a small flap of skin hanging out. Should I see a doctor?

Hello Doctor, I just have a small query. Yesterday, I was chewing a few chicken bones and one of them seems to have scratched my throat slightly and now I have this foreign body sensation(as though something is pricking my throat.) It s not a serious painful problem or anything but I was wondering if I should go see a doctor about it? I tried feeling the back of my throat and I can feel a small flap of skin hanging out (which is probably what s causing this slight pain when I swallow ) but I m not able to pull it out as the skin is quite deep in the throat.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013

Thank you for the query.

With such symptoms there is always a possibility that some part of the bone has stuck somewhere in the throat. If this part is somewhere in the soft tissues of the throat, it may lead to inflammation. That is why, you should visit your doctor and have it checked.

Hope this will help.
General & Family Physician Dr. Azhar's  Response
There is nothing to worry you should have an xray and visit your ENT specialist to get out that foreign body.
It will be fine after removal.

I hope I am succesful in solving in your query if you have more you can ask me
Dr. Azhar Sattar