Scratched, swollen perineum post difficult bowel movement. Had hemorrhoids in the past due to constipation, have no record of STI's. Cause?

I have hemorrhoids for the past few years caused by constipation and other dietary reasons. Almost a week ago I had a difficult bowel movement and had to use some sandpaper like toilet paper, immediately afterwards I felt discomfort, an unusual burning sensation unlike my usual discomfort from the hemorrhoids. Later I noticed my perenium looked scratched and swollen, as if I had scratched a small bit of flesh off. I have repeatedly put polysporine on it after I clean it after I use the toilet or shower. I have been tested about 4 months ago an haven t been sexually active with anyone new, have no record of any STIs; what could this be? Help!?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012