Scratched scrotum area. Now pink and has abrasions. Will it heal quickly? Will treatment cost much?

hello doctor, i am a 17 year old boy and i have scratched my groin region and the scrotum bag pretty badly. now the area has become pinkish in color and i also have to walk a lot daily, so the abrasions also cause me much pain. i just want it to heal quickly. it has persisted from quite some time. is there any sort of medicine that i can take to quickly heal the area,if yes then what is it and how much will it cost? please help
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Normally the abrasions from itching heal quickly in 2-4 days. However if the same has persisted beyond that time then it is likely that you are having a add on bacterial or fungal infection. You should start yourself on some antibiotics like cefexime for 3-5 days and keep the area dry and clean. In India the antibiotic will cost you Rs 100.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, or want to further details about your query, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.