Scratched by pet's nail, no blood, no vaccine on dog. Infection? What should i do?

when i was with my pet dog its nail touched me and it scratches me a little bit on my legs.just a little doesnt have any blood at all..but a little opening as big as tip of a needle..i am worried because my dog doesn t have any vaccine ..and i also put garlic on my scratch..what is the best thing i should do??
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Hi!!!Not a serious issue....should have washed with water and soap after the scratch and even if you did not do it do not panic.Watch for signs of infection at the site, such as increased redness or pain, swelling, or drainage, or if you develop a fever within a couple of days.Since,it is a minor scratch the above signs should not develop but its always better to be alert.
Do take tetanus toxoid injection.If you have had a full course of tetanus toxoid followed by a booster every ten years you are well covered for tetanus. If the dog is a pet and supervised, it is less likely to have rabies and if the dog is well you need not worry.
To,avoid all these tension next time,get your pet vaccinated for whatever required.

Dr.Nannika Pradhan