Scratch on the cheek by a cat, scratch is reddish with bit of indentation. What can be done to prevent permanent scarring?

Hi doctor I was scratched by a cat 3 weeks ago on my left cheek. It measures about 1cm. First 1 week, I applied antibiotic onintment to prevent infection. After 1 week, the wound is already closed, and I have started to apply vitamin E (vitamin E capsules) to reduce scarring. Its been 2 weeks since I applied the vitamin E. I noticed that the scratch is still reddish and it has a bit of indentation. Should I still continue using vitamin E? Will the skin identation will fade/remove after some time? Please advise what I can do to prevent permanent scarring/skin identation? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012