Scrapped head when playing, pain and hair loss in that spot, prescribed script shampoo. Cause for hair loss?

Last week my son was chasing a basketball and while picking the ball up .....he bumped or scraped (i didn t see it) his head on the exterior of our brick house....he briefly complained of pain....i checked the area ...didn t see any immediate swelling or bleeding ..and hadn t complained of it since. A few days ago...i noticed he had a small patch of hair missing in the same spot....that he began scratching . I took him to urgent care thinking it was a ringworm ...she said and i agree looked nothing like a ringworm (didnt and never has had any of the characteristics of one in the four days the hair loss has been present) but didn t explain the hair loss nor itching...he has 2 small lesions in the area....could be from scratching. She gave me script shampoo...i m wondering should I be concerned about the fall and hair loss...could it be more?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013