Scraped knee severely. Now redness around area. Pain after a week. Okay?

I scraped my knee quite severely one week ago. There isn t too much redness around the area nor is there any discharge however the scraped area feels tight and is on occasion quite painful. Should I still experience pain a week later? Is this considered part of the healing process or should I be concerned about infection?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Thanks for using the HCM. I am happy to address your questions, knee injuries such as this one are most rampant owing to outdoor activities. Although, scraping a knee is a seemingly minor injury, it can be extremely painful. Healing of a scraped knee is a difficult process as you are likely to put stress on it during the healing period. It may take about 10 to 15 days for the wound to heal completely and form a scab. The scab falls off when the wound dries and may leave a scar on the skin. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks