Scraped knee, applied peroxide, alcohol, now have yellowish coating over it. Is it trying to form a scab?

I fell 2 days ago and scraped my left knee . I have cleaned it with peroxide , alcohol and water, put poly sporin on it. Today I noticed it had a white/yellowish coating over it. (oozing slightly). Is it trying to form a scab? It doesn t feel hot but is still tender. I haven t covered it yet but tomorrow I will need to because of work. Am I doing what I should?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You had a injury to your knee joint 2 days back and noe there is a yellowish coating over it.It is nothing but a necrotic)Dead ) subcutaneous tissue and is called as slough.It will come out itself once the underlying wound heals.Pl do a proper dressing for a week and take some antibiotic Tab Septran twice daily.