Scraped knee after injury, swollen shin with pain. Infection ?

Hi, I fell off my motorcycle and scraped my knee pretty bad. This happened a few days ago. There s obviously some pain and sensitivity around the scrape, but I noticed today that my shin is very swollen. It s a ways below the open wound and I was not experiencing pain there. Is this normal? Does this indicate infection or another injury?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Hello.
The scarping of knee is not likely to cause a swelling in the shin. A hematoma is not likely to appear so late. You need to get the area examined by an orthopedician to rule out any bony injury. Do keep your leg elevated till then and avoid weight bearing.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
drtayal72@gmail.com

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.