Sclera has turned brown. Is there any way to restore sclera color?

Recently both of my scleras (whites of my eyes) have started to turn brown. The colour of both irises (dark brown) has started to become lighter and I was wondering if the darkening of my scleras is an effect of that. I also have a brown ring around both of my irises and the colour seems to be leaking out of my irises into my scleras. I ve done some research and I ve discovered that if you re of African descent (which I am), pigmentation of the scleras happens naturally and that the process is irreversible. Is there any way to restore my scleras to their previous state or to lighten the colour? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012