Sciatica pain, degenerative joint disease, FMS. Turmeric and magnesium?

Yes, thanks. I have djd, fms & severe sciatica pain caused by a fall bsckward onto S1 & resulting in a ruptered disk about 18 mos ago. Been taking gabapentin & norco, but it s only effective for about 3 hours & dr. has cut me from 4 daily to 3. By the way, had 3 spine surgeries starting in 05, & they were all pretty successfull. Oh, the bad disk is pressing on the sciatica nerve bundle, per e.r. dr. Yesterday I went into my favorite healthfood store and was advised to take turmeric and magnesium for my pain and not to worry about the doses so much, because it can;t hurt me . Would you comment on this treatment pls?
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012