Sciatic pain in the leg. Nerve compression and protruded disc in the MRI report. Advice?

Hello Sir, I m jordan 21 years,I had sciatic pain in my right leg for 3 months or so and it was much severe when I had cough and while I sneeze..later I went to the neurosurgeon ,he had an MRI done of my spine.The MRI report showed that I had a extruded disc at my L5-s1 disc with nerve root compression and caudal migration and a protruded disc at my L4-L5 disc with no nerve root compression .He told me that I should have surgery.then went to another orthopedics doctor at a famous hospital at chennai,India,where I was adviced surgery .I had undergone microdiscectomy surgery for my L5-S1 disc on 5th its nearly 2.5 weeks .there is no severe pain in the leg right now,but still i feel some pain at times in the back of my right leg..and since last 3 days i have felt upper back pain my left side with some pain going to my left hand.I m really tense whether the operation is fruitful also if the protruded disc at my L4-L5 will cause any problem. However I attended college with a private car in the 2nd week of the surgery as i had low attendance problems in my college .
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013