Sciatic nerve problem. Broken ribs, right pelvic, unable to stand on right tip toe. Treatment?

The last 3 or 4 years I ve had slight siatic nerve problems in my right leg but had been doing stetches that have helped alot. On 06-01-12 I was in a car accident and got broad-sided on the passenger side door and broke 4 ribs and my pelvis all on the right side. The bones are all but healed up and pain free but have a problem that I think might be related to my siatic nerve. When I try to stand on my right tip toe , I drop right down to my heal like there s nothing there. No strength. No nothing. I also can not tighten my right butt cheek. I now walk flat footed and it s uncomfortable. I m going for physical therapy working on strength but I think I might need something different. Please help. where should I go and who should I talk to?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012

I have studied your case.
First possibility could be lumbar canal stenosis leading to numbness and pain in your foot.
Due to compression of this nerve root there can be foot pain associated with it.
I will advise you to do MRI spine

For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.
My patients get good relief with holistic approach like pranayama, yoga, and sudarshan kriya. You can also start them.

Another possibility of peripheral neuropathy leading to numbness.
You may need blood investigation and EMG and also colour Doppler for venous obstruction.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.