Schizophrenic, having psychotic episode. Demanding cigarettes. Should we call the crisis line?

My son is schizophrenic and is having a psychotic episode. This all started when he forgot a package of cigarettes at our house. I have control of his finances and he is given money twice a week for spending. His rent is paid through bank withdrawal. He has $100.00 each week for groceries (groceries shared with his roomate) and spending. He realized he left his cigarettes at our house and wants to come over and get them. He gets his money twice a week Tuesday and Fridays. He decided that he wants what he wants now and we had better oblige. He has been extremely abusive, telling us that he will break into our house, have us taken away as his trustee, cursing, and carrying on like we are his worst enemy. He has been leaving messages on our phone. I did contact the hospital where he receives his medication for his condition. I know that they cannot talk to us because he is over 18 but they can listen to what we have to say. What is your recommendation at this point. Should we call the crisis line?? Or wait for the doctor to call us back?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012