Schizophrenia, taking Olimelt and Lopez. Will hospitalization help recover faster?

Hi, This regards my younger brother, He was diagnosed with short term schizophrenia last october & was treated. he got back to normal within 3 months and started work, however almost a year later, last week he again showed symptoms like halucinations, anxiety & depression . I consulted the same psychiatrist , who prescribed (Olimelt 5mg) twice a day & (Lopez 2mg) at night to help him sleep. he refuses to take medications hence we mix it in his food. he also refuses to visit the psychiatrist. he is not violent & neither does he have any negative thoughts. Kindly advise, 1) since this is a recurring illness , will hospitalisation help him recover faster ? 2) can we forcibily get him to visit a psychiatrist, will it help ? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012