Schizophrenia, have increased delusions. On Relicalm, R-Zep. Can typical antipsychotics like Olanzapine, Risperidone be included to get back stability?

Hi Doctor, My father is a paranoid Schizophrenic since last 45 years and has been on medication ever since. He has been admitted in CIP, Ranchi a number of times too although the last time was 25 years ago. The medicine he is on in Relicalm Plus-5 (2 tablets daily) and R-Zep-4 (1 tablet daily) which is administered through his food. They have been able to control his delusions of being the inventor of everything and enormous riches of trillions of dollars to a certain extent until now. Lately, he is having increased delusions. Can atypical antipsychotics like Olanzapine , Risperidone etc be administered along with these older medicines temporarily so as to bring him back to stability? If at all, how effective will these be in replacing these older medicines (which are not available widely)? Please suggest the dosage too. Thanks and Regards
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012