Scheduled for surrogacy treatment, want to quit smoking. Can I use electronic cigarettes before IVF?

Hi dr.Samuel, actualy i have a question regarding the Electronic cigarette and IVF . i will start the surrogacy journey by next February 2013, we are going to use my eggs and husband s sperm through a surrogate. i had a failed trial in India 5 months ago, due to a mistake in medicines done by the doctor, i tried to quit smoking or minimize from 20 cig to 5 cigarettes per day 3 months before the egg collection, but unfortunately after the bad results of the first trial, i got back to smoking, and now i will do everything to make it work this time.i heard that i have to quit smoking at least 3 months before starting the treatment to get better results, better eggs and sperm quality, as well as number of follicules! then i heard about the Electronic cigarettes free of nicotine , my question is can i quit smoking and use the Electronic cig without nicotine before the IVF? will it affect the egg quality and numbers? if it is safe, then how many can i smoke per day? thank you
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012