Scheduled for surgery on little toe as its overlapped with the fourth toe. What would be the recovery time?

Hi. I am due to have surgery on my little toe on my left foot . This toe overlaps onto the fourth toe and I was born with it like that. In winter it isn t too much of a problem as i simply wear boots half a size bigger and buy a wide fit. However it is a problem when it s too warm for boots and my footwear rubs and the toe becomes red and inflamed,sore and also affects my gait. The surgeon has warned me that i will be off work for 6 weeks and that is not a problem. However I have children so i need to know just how immobile I will be and for how long. I am particularly concerned about how long it will be before I can drive.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013