Scheduled for cataract surgery, advised EKG. Family history of heart problems. Is that right?

I am female 68 years old in good health..I am going in for catarac surgery on Thursday. I had to have testing by my primary doctor. Ekg , lab, chest xrays, etc, Now she wants me to have a ecchocardiagram before she can clean me. do you think she saw something on my ekg or maybe because on my medical history my father passed from heart problems? I am going in today for test and am servous as to why. Could it be I am on medicare and she wants to be sure all is good because of my age?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012