Scheduled for cataract surgery. Can I take prednisone for inflammation on back? Suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, inactive sarcoidosis

Hi, I am scheduled to have cataract surgery in 4 days. My question is would it be ok to take a burst of prednisone to calm the inflammation I m having in my back and bursas? I am currently off of predisone after about 25 years...tapered off over the last year and a half, but do take bursts every couple of months. I have osteo and rheumatoid arthritis , fibromyalgia and inactive sarcoidosis . I also have 3 bulging discs and a pinched nerve at L4. Ever since i stopped taking the prednisone, I have these probems with inflammation throughout my body especially in the bursas around my hips, and the joints in my hips, back and hands. I am currently in a lot of pain and would like to take the burst, but am afraid it will jeopardize my surgery. what do you think?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012