Scheduled for MRI of adrenal gland and aortic arch. History of metallic wire mesh implant for inguinal hernia. Any complications during MRI?

Hi, I had what I recall was a metallic wire mesh implanted for a left side inguinal hernia in 1989. Now in 2012 I am scheduled to have an MRI of the right adrenal gland and aortic arch. Can the MRI be done without complications if the mesh is in fact metallic? Even though I do not like going in head first, perhaps I could go in head first into the MRI so the inguinal area is outside the bore. Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012