Scarred upper lip, overusing wax strip. Scars become darker, due to sun exposure. Treatment for pigmentation?

I scarred my upper lip after burning it by overusing wax strips. It scabbed over and then scarred. The scar became darker from sun exposure. I ve had the scar lighten and darken again over a time span of three years. I m tired of getting unwanted attention. I did some research and I think I have PIP (Post Pigmented Inflammation) due to Melanocytes and Karaticytes. What can I put on this pigmentation to forever treat it. Please help.*
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012