Scar tissue in the arm from shooting up meth. Can I continue with Ibuprofen and hot compresses?

I have scar tissue in my right arm from shoting up meth . About a week ago I tried to do a shot in my arm but My syringe was to old and couldn t hit my veins right. I tried several times in both arms(mostly right), and was unable to do it. I through the syringe away and got a new one and was now able to. I have a pain in my right arm still from my elbow to my wrist. when I reach to pick something up A pain shot up my arm to my wrist. It is so bad that i start to whine or pout. Should I continue taking IBprofen and start hot presses to see if it goes away? I would go to the doctors but I don t have insurance and a very low payin job.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. The scar tissues from shooting up meth might take a long time to heal. However, ibuprofen and hot compresses may symptomatically help relieve the problem. I also believe that you might be undergoing withdrawals and might need to consult a psychiatrist as soon as possible. I believe that you will do well with consulting a social service worker in the community since you do not have insurance. You may be able to get services with the community health centre or through medicaid. I hope this information helps you get to the path of recovery as soon as possible.

I hope this helps. Take care of yourself and have a lovely day!