Scar on toe after being stepped on it. Bluish line in the nail bed. Matter of concern?

Hi, Approx 8months to a year ago I had someone step on my left big toe with a high heel shoe. I remember it being sore and slightly brused and I also have a very small scar . A while after I sarted to notice a thin blue ish line on my toe which I ignored as I normally wear nail varnish so didn t really take much notice. The other day when I did change my nail varnish I showed my husband and he said I should get it checked as it could be a sign on Malignant Melanoma . I did go to by Gp on Friday and he checked it and said he is 99% sure its damage to the nail bed but so be safe he has referred me to see a Dermatologist . I know I will be seen a in a couple of weeks, but I literally feel sick with worry ater ready all the stats and symptoms etc.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013