Scar on the upper lip after using facial wax strip. Could it be melasma?

I used a facial wax strip for my upper lip (for teh first time) and its left a mark- straight brown line on my upper lip along in teh shape of the wax strip that I put. I went to get over-the- counter medicine as I thought it was a scar. The person there told me that it is pigmentation, extra melanin formation and then I read about melasma . Is there a possibility that its not these horrifying things? Its been 6 days and the mark is still there, Im freaking out a little.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012