Scar on lungs, had pleural effusion. Have bad cough. Are they TB scars?

Hi, I was detected with a scar on the left side of my lungs during my medical fitness check done in UAE. I was having bad cough 5 years back in 2008 and my Doctor had prescribed me some medicines and within 8 days of taking the medicines my cough was gone so i discontinued my medicines. My Doctor did not disclose the illness that time. Now when the Doctors in UAE found that I have old TB scars on the left side of my lungs, I was deported back to my country. I got in touch with the chest specialist with the latest x-ray and was informed that I am completely fine and do not need any more treatment. He explained that I had pleural effusion , where water was collected on the left side of my lungs and my treating doctor in 2008 had given me anti-TB drugs and dried the water, which has left a scar. My Question is, is there a way that this TB scar can be removed completely by doing a surgery or continuing my medicines ..... ? please help me with a solution ?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013