Scar on forehead, laser treatment caused a red plane. How to prevent it from becoming dark ?

hello doctor i am 31 yrs age and had a scar on my forehead(stich mark). i recently had undergone laser treatment for remove the scar. the place has become plane now but that is again a scar. it is red now. what can i do to bring it back to my normal skin color. i am a fair guy, not very fair but in the category of fair. i am worried if the scar becomes dark it would look ugly. what can i do to prevent it from becoming dark ? please suggest. thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012