Scar left by a dog bite, chronic pain, soreness. What is wrong?

Hi, Im 30 yo female with no major health issues. I was bit by a dog in my right calf approximately 4 yrs ago. I was seen the same day by my dr and treated with antibiotics . There is still a scar where the largest bite was ... It s behind my right knee about 6 inches below... Right over the meaty part of the muscle. My question is ...every so often I get this chronic aching in my calf. It doesn t occur with exercise. in fact it is often aching and sore even at rest. When it starts it stays for days or weeks but then I have periods of a month where it isn t bothering me. It s terribly sore when it is there though. What do u think?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013