Scar below knee, pus formation, painful. Taken Tricort. Opinion?

I had a scar below the knee in both legs in August 2011 and it was quite painful and there was lot of puss formation. My GP treted me with mupimet Gel and after about a month of treatment it became alright. However after about ten months, in the left leg the scar erupted/bulged again and also started itching. My GP gave me Quadriderm ointment to be applied, there was some relief but after stOpping the ointment, it has bulged again. Yesterday Iwent to a Dermatologist and he has diagnosed it as Hypertropic scar and has given me Tricort40 mg injection where the bulge is and has told me that in about 2/3 weeks the bulge will flatten and the itching will also go away. What is your opinion about this treatment?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012