Scaphoid fracture following a car accident. Have back slab on. Can I drive car with cast on?

Hello -I had a serious car accident when a jeep did a uturn as i was driving last thursday - the a & E dept drs were fairly confident that the xray indicated a scaphoid fracture and put a back slab on and i return tomorrrow for another x ray. If it is confirmed and I need a cast - can I drive with it / ask for a cast that i can drive with!! - I have two young school kids aand already my lack of drivability is having a large negative impact on my farming husbands work day - or I read that (If again diagnosis confirmed tomorrow) a screw fixation gets one healed quicker( I have private medical cover and consultant I see tomorrow does private work - please help thanku, jane
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013