Scanty period flow than usual, diagnosed with cervicitis, cyst on ovary. Could that be causing less flow?

The last two cycles I ve had a scanty flow. It looks like I bleed normally but it s only when I wipe. I ended up going to the emergency for lower back ache and some weird cramps on my left side. After a pap , a pelvic exam, two ultrasounds (one regular and one vaginal) and a CAT SCAN, it turned out that I had cervicitis and the ultrasounds were hard for them to read because when my bladder was full I was gassy they said that makes it hard to read, so they did vaginal and because my bladder was still somewhat full it was still hard to read. In the Ultrasound, they said they did see some thickening on my left side that may have meant that the infection spread so they hooked me up with an IV for medication. Then, once I got the CAT SCAN, they came back and said I had a cyst on my left ovary . I m supposed to follow up with my doctor in a few days and I m waiting for the test results to come back. My question is; is this the reason my period is acting like this? It s never done this before.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012