Scanty flow, moderate pain before periods post taking up gym, on evra patch, negative hpt. Does gym affect menstrual cycle?

Hi, I am lady aged 26...i have started gym 3months ago(usually do ABs,treadmill,bicycle, aerobics ) and i have noticed that my periods are not the same as before...its either they come a day/2 later and not heavy flow like before, just a lil bit now and i dont get pains anymore..I was even scared the 1st month as i thought i was pregnant ,though im on contraceptive(evra patch), home pregnancy test was negative too. Does gym affect menstrual cycle???
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012