Scan shows anterior minor dislocation of the shoulder. Normal with surgery or only exercises?

i am 23 year old male,I dislocated my shoulder 2 years ago while falling during a football match, though the pain was intense at that time, It reduced considerably by the next day, so i ignored it a muscle pull,had no problems after that, until recently i slipped on the stairs and in order to regain balance i held the railing with my hand and with a pop sound the shoulder came out , though it was ok after some time. MRI and CT scan revealed Anterior dislocation of the shoulder on a minor scale. I have taken 3-4 opinions ,they mostly say that surgery can be avoided due to my young age,though the ruptured tissue will never heal. Exercises could be of help My question is should i go for a surgery or just continue with the exercises, If so will the shoulder be normal again?. I have a very strong apprehensiveness while doing anything with my right hand, thus am unable to play or move around my hand.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012