Scan showed nasal septum deviation, suffering with continuous sinus headache, suggested surgery. Is there any other option?

hi doc, my wife has a nasal septum deviation , there is no deformation visible outside, but the scan report said deviation in nasal septum. She is suffering from continuous sinus headache which affects her normal work at home as well as office. Recently after getting the scan report we checked with an ENT specialist who suggested for a surgery as the solution. Firstly I would like to know why a nasal deviation would cause headache as it would only cause breathing problems & is there no other remedy other than a surgery?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012