Scan showed an enlarged gall bladder during hernia repair. Causes ?

recently when in hospital for hernia surgery lower right side. my scan showed an enlarged gall bladder and they wanted to do a 2 hr. test. i was unable to do this as I was returned to hsptl . on way home from the hernia repair , we were hit broad side by a vehicle. hit on passenger side that I was in. due to so much pain I was unable to handle the 2 hr. laying still for this test. what causes this conditon, i had no knowlege of having anything wrong with my gall bladder.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013