Scalp problem, hair goes under a hard layer of scabs, no improvement with synalar gel. Effective solution?

Good day to you Doctor, My 90year old mother has a constant problem with her scalp . Her hair goes under a hard layer of scabs and very diffucult to get the hair out under this hard scab? This condition is more ontop of the head and at the sides of her head. The is currently using Synalar Gel but seems not to be very effective at this point in time. Can you help please? Thank you for your reply. Thanking you MV of Alberton
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012