Scabs on the scalp. Using detocanazole shampoo for dermatitis. Recurring on stopping the shampoo use

Hi. I have some scabs in my scalp of my head. I've had them for years. They start off as like thick flaky skin AMD from scratching it turns intoscabs I have seen a Dr about this and she said it can be dermatitis she gave me ketocnazole shampoo( I'm sure I spelled wrong) well it went away after a few uses of shampoo. However Iam out and it has come back. I purchased tgel shampoo from store os this the same or is that helpful for my condition and would you think my condition is dermatitis as the Dr once said?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013