Scabies infection, OTC

scabies hi my friend had scabies and now I think I may have them mine looks the same as his did can I purchase anything over the counter to cure them
Asked On : Fri, 3 Feb 2012
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.You can either use ascabiol or gamma scab or scabicide lotion for local application on your body.This lotion is applied on whole of body below neck after bath in the morning and is repeated in the evening but without bath.Following day you take bath and simultaneously put your clothes,used on the previous day,in boiling water along with the bed sheet and pillow cover.All the members of the house should apply it on the same day so that the disease is eradicated completely.Since the scabies parasite hides in clothes,boiling those clothes is essential lest it reinfects you.You can take oral antiallergic like cetrizine for control of itching scabies causes.Thanks and good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response