Scabbing in ear that turns black and flakes. Bleeds if picked at. What is that?

Hi Doc!, I have had some scabbing in one of my ears that turns black and flakes and sometimes bleeds if picked at . it has now grown to a small scab like bump on the auricle of my right ear. Could you tell me what it may be as in terminology. I know you will suggest having a dermatologist look at it but I cant afford that right now.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
it seems that self manipulation leads to local trauma which leads to blood clot formation.use an antibitic cream s local application 7 days. avoid water contact in this area.