Scabbing around the cystic acne due to scabbing. How can I prevent the surrounding area from getting dark?

I picked at a cyctic acne with a needle to attempt and extract something to relieve the pressure. Nothing helped and the area of the pimple and surrounding has scabbed up because of my attempt of squeezing. I know it ll take time to heal. But I was able to remove the dark skin forming around. It s tender and I know it will turn dark again. Is there any way I can prevent this. It s easier to cover up a little red skin than the brownish colour of a scab.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012