Scab on foot, pus drainage from wound on exposure to water. Put neosporin on wound. Treatment?

I have a scab on my foot . It seemed to be healing , but yesterday, after I exited the shower, I noticed that it looked as if there was puss. It s as if the scab turned completely liquid and puss is coming out of the wound. I put Neosporin on the wound. I woke up today and the scab was back and everything was fine; however, I just took another shower, and it s the same story as yesterday. I ve never had a scab do this. Is this normal? Should I avoid getting it wet? Thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013