Scab on arm, reddish color, small painful lump, infected wound. Treatment options?

Okay, so for about two weeks I ve had this small scab on my arm that was a deep reddish color and its also raised a little bit, like a small bump. It hasn t begun to heal or go away even the slightest bit. Its very tough and seems to be pretty deep because when I try to pick it off, it won t budge. So tonight I decided to use a pair of tweezers to pick it off and see what happens. Now it looks more like an infected wound than a s pretty deep and underneath the top layer that was red, its black and just very discolored in general. It s not looking normal and it s a bit you have any idea what it could be? Because I know for a its not just a normal scab...
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in to us.

Please do not try to do any do it yourself surgical procedure. This can cause severe complications and spread the infection to other parts of the body.

Right now you must consult a surgeon who will see your wound and decide if any minor surgical intervention is necessary. Initially, if the wound is stable then a course of antibiotics and enzymes like serratiopeptidase might be given for few days with a pain killer if necessary. If there is no significant improvement, you doctor may make a small cut on the wound under aseptic precautions and drain the pus if any. This will soon heal in a weeks time.

Hope this helps