Scab in the ear piercing site. Cleaning with peroxide. Other treatment?

My mother had my ears pierced when I was much, much younger...but I ve always had a problem with my right ear piercing. It happens randomly that I ll have to remove my earrings or not wear any for almost a week because I begin to develop a sort of crust/scab in and around the actual piercing. Aside from that, it feels very tender, and sore. I try cleaning it off with hydrogen peroxide , but I want to know the possible causes and ways to care for such a situation...
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012