Sazo the salpha, rheumatoid arthritis, side effects

I am taking sazo the salpha 1gm twice a day I am suffering from RA from last one year, what can be the long time side effects how can that be minimised?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Hi there,

Long term side effects of Sazo are primarily damage of kidneys and liver and, in some patients, a lung disorder or hair loss. In males, it can reduce formation of sperms, which is reversed on stopping of sazo.

It is therefore mandatory that kidneys and liver function tests should be carried out once a month, to monitor damage, if any, to these organs.

There is no way, except for stopping it, or reducing the dose, can minimize the side effects. However, reducing the dose will aggravate the condition, necessitating addition of steroids, which have more serious side effects.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal