Sarcoidosis, diagnosed with kidney infection, low BP, scheduled for laser surgery. Will Sarc impede upon her recovery?

Hello, My 64 YO mother has had sarcoidosis ( pulmonary ) since 1977. Although she will have issues with breathing/coughing from time to time, she has, for the most part, been healthy. The Monday before Thanksgiving, she woke up with a UTI . Went to Dr. and given an antibiotic. By Wednesday, she could hardly stand or stay awake. Father took her to the ER that Friday and learned she also had a kidney infection and blood pressure had dropped to 77 (Dr. felt this was due to the Sarc and a touch of pnemonia that she wasn t aware of). Before she was released from the hospital on the following Monday, she was told she has gallstones. She is scheduled for the laser surgery on 12/11th. Is it possible for the Sarc to impede upon her recovery from the surgery? She takes Vitamin D (blood tests a few months ago showed her level was rather low) and a calcium supplement . With the kidney infection and gallstones, should she stop taking these (I ve read on-line that they may not be beneficial to a person with Sarc)? Even though the gallbladder is being removed, should she ask the surgeon to test the bladder for Sarc? I know this is long, but my parents are in SC and I m in FL, so I have no way to speak to the surgeon myself. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012