Sanitary pad or tampon. Which one is best?

I am 13, and ive had my first three periods. I ve been using sanitary pads but my mum and older sister both use tampons , should I switch???
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
It's a matter of choice. Try the tampons...ya might like them better....ya might not. The reason most of us prefer tampons is cuz we don't like napkins...they are stinky and nasty...*shudders* BUT, the use of proper tampon insertion takes some patient, and take your time....make sure you start with the smallest size....Some feel that using tampons shouldn't be used by girls who want to remain virgins...why? not sure...seems they think it might damage the hymen....which they won't. Try them, then you will be able to decide which you are more comfortable with. Good Luck!