Salmonella typhi treatment done, need walking frame, assistance to stand, done lumber punctures. Suggestion?

Hello My mother is 62 years of age, about 6 weeks ago she was diagnosed with Salmonella Typhi poisoning and menangitis of which she received antibiotics through iv drips. Her symptoms started one day when she woke up in the morning she could not walk. Her left hip was in a lot of pain, so i took her for some x-rays and everything was clear, she would receive pain killer injections like diclofenic etc but would not help. Now even after her treatment for which we sent her to South Africa for, she requires a walking frame to walk. She cannot stand up unassisted and neither lay or sit down unassisted. I am very worried as we live in Malawi (southern africa) where we really lack medical staff. Her CPR infection levels, HEMOGLOBIN, all other results are ok. She has been in ICU for about 16 days. They also did two lumber punctures on her. My concern is she has a lot of difficulty in standing up , sitting down and walking with the help of a walking frame. Is there any help you could possibly render in order to help her get back to normal again.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012