Saliva which is brown in color

Hello Doctors, I am having a problem since 3 years and never bothered to go to a doctor. The problem is that when i sleep, a dirty brown color saliva arises/fill inside my mouth and i usually get up in the middle of my sleep to spit out those amount of saliva. After sometimes it occurs and thus i do the same procedure unless i get the proper sleep. The saliva looks brown in color. Please suggest me. Regards.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Feb 2011
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
you must be in the habit of having paan or paan related stuff before going to bed or having bleeding gums? Please get yourself examined by a dentist.
take care...
Dentist, Pedodontics Dr. Karthik Venkataragahavan's  Response
do you have a habit of having paan or paan related stuff before going to bed or have any problem with your gums? the best option for you is to get yourself examined by a dentist and go by his/her suggestion.