Safe to have orgasm during pregnancy? History of D&C

Is it safe to have an orgasm during pregnancy? Knowing that I’m almost 28 weeks. This is my second pregnancy. First one it was three years ago. However, before my first pregnancy, I did 3 DNC since the pregnancy was unhealthy and DNC done in the first month (4-weeks). And now, is it safe for me to have an orgasm? Sorry for my poor English.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Hello, and I hope I can help you today.

Sexual activity does not pose a risk to the pregnancy or baby in normal healthy women, and having an orgasm, though it may produce some temporary uterine contractions, is also not harmful.

Some women experience spotting from sexual intercourse during pregnancy, which is caused by the tissue on the cervix, the opening to the wound, (because it is very vascular during pregnancy and even minor trauma can cause some temporary bleeding). This bleeding also is not harmful, so if you do have bleeding after sexual activity I would just wait until the bleeding stops or one week, whichever comes first, before attempting to have sex again.

I hope I was able to adequately answer your question today, and that my advice was helpful.

Best wishes,

Dr. Brown
OBGYN Dr. S Patra's  Response
Mar 2016
You are now carrying 28 wk pregnancy with previous H/O 3 D & C and one pregnancy 3 yrs ago.
Orgasm is a feeling of sensation for ultimate climax during sexual activity and it does not causes any harmful effect to baby until you insert something inside vagina or doing in unhygienic way.
Do periodic check up with USG scan to evaluate feto placental well being.Better to avoid sex in third trimester. Consult with gynecologist for further suggestion.
Be well.